Monday 9 March 2015

HTC apologises for causing Half-life confusion

HTC's chairwoman has apologised for suggesting a Half-life video game was being developed for her firm's virtual reality helmet.
Cher Wang told the BBC on Monday that HTC was "co-operating with Half-life".
The lauded video game's creator Valve co-developed the VR headset, so Ms Wang's comment fuelled expectations that a new game in the franchise was being made.
However, the BBC later learned that Valve had been surprised by the claim.
A source close to the US company indicated that it was not in fact working on a virtual reality Half-life game at this time, and believed Ms Wang must have been confused.

The HTC Vive is set to go on sale before the end of the year
Ms Wang has since provided further clarification.
"Regarding my BBC interview with Dave Lee yesterday, I would like to apologise for any confusion caused when I referred to individual games titles," she said.
"In response to a question on specific games, I misspoke when I referred to our working together with Valve on a particular game, when instead I meant our collaboration with Valve on developing next-generation virtual reality experiences for gaming.
"I am very excited about the work we are doing with Valve, and look forward to bringing our HTC Vive to market later this year."

No comments:

Post a Comment